I love feedback! Especially when its not some spam bot. When it happens to be positive, I love it even more. Imagine how much it made my day when I got the notice that I had someone post this!
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Pass this award along to a few recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award
So here goes! Seven things about myself:
- Sometimes I don’t eat the healthiest of meals. Admittedly sometimes the kid inside wins & says why not have chocolate and wine for dinner? ok I had some beef jerky along side the dark M&Ms… don’t hate me. Tomorrow I will eat a real meal at some point. I promise.
- Thinking I have almost forgotten what it feels like to be in love. The relationship type of caring for someone who cares for you back. Slightly scared that if the opportunity ever came around again, I wouldn’t even recognize it. Self protection is a blessing and a curse.
- I have an obsession with fortune cookies. Adore them completely & even tried to bake my own when I was a kid – didn’t work out so well. I always seem to get bizarre ones or ones that are dead on.
- Already deep into another ebook and loving it! Crazy how wrapped up in a story I can get. Chasing Rainbows by Kathleen Long is killing me. Shh.. keep it a secret, but I cried within the first chapter & have been torn between bawling & laughing uncontrollably ever since. Still a bit pissed that its not recognized by Get Glue since I am loving the story & would love to recommend it. But I guess I just did.
- I am not a fan of several “great” romances. Romeo & Juliet – teens who die & never end up getting together. Titanic – seriously was not impressed by anything but the boat. Sinking into the abyss of the frigid ocean is not a happy ending. The Notebook – hated it. Its a nightmare. Love that she never remembers & he has to tell her daily just to have her forget again. Maybe I am missing something here, but I prefer a love that last. Tell me a tale where they end up HAPPILY together ever after.
- Although I am only 11 days into the 100 Days challenge, I already feel like its going to take forever! Really glad I vowed to get the Kindle Fire when I complete the 100 days of 30 minutes of exercise straight or I so wouldn’t be doing this. I know that 11 days is NOT long & 30 minutes isn’t much, but I have gotten really lazy! Change is coming soon (I hope). I enjoy it when I do it, but getting moving is like pulling taffy with tweezers sometimes.
- Today is my mom’s birthday & although I saw her this weekend, I am missing her like crazy tonight. Wish I was there to bake her a cake – perhaps give that chocolate pound cake another go? Just have to hope that this year treats her well & we get to celebrate again next year with her. Thankfully the doctor’s appointment went well this week & she is getting some time with her siblings right now. Also I’m stunned at the rate her hair has grown back since chemo! She has more body in those curls than I expected & no one can believe how soft it is. Like a lamb. So.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! Make great wishes & know you are loved.
Now to pick a couple of blogs to share this fun with! I am a blog addict. The rules didn’t state how many, but I will go with seven. A few that I never want to miss are (in no order in particular):
- Ciao Bella – I swoon at the images & always seem to find something I would love or a place I would love to be or something I want to wear, or eat, or be… you get the idea! Lots to pin on this one.
- Gluten Hates Me – I’ve known Marlow for a while & saw how she was before she discovered that Gluten did indeed hate her. Its such a beautiful thing to see her transition from struggling to accept the diagnosis to it just being a part of life. She has embraced a piece of her that makes her unique & been kind enough to share & inspire others…. & of course she makes me want to cook more often! Secret: the blog isn’t all about Gluten free life. She is one cool chick & juggles married life, double puppy momdom, school & working all while blogging & staying in shape!
- Positive and Inspirational Quotes - I love this spark of light that shines on in dark times to remind us that life is to be lived to the fullest & loved to the end.
- Life, or something like it - From the moment I met her I knew this chick has a way with a camera lens, but now following her blog I can see she has a great perspective on life too. Even with the lens cap on & power off. Plus she has these amazing curls I would adore having just for a day!
- the Crystal Chick – a while back I discovered a podcast that warmed my soul. Two women discussing topics that I didn’t think anyone else talked much about. the Psychic Teachers became part of my weekly routine. Each week the hour brought something new to think about & discover. It flew by and I wanted to know even more. Felt like they were people I could be friends with and be open about my real self. Imagine my shock to hear them talking about the place they lived & mentioning places I knew! They live in the same town I do! Even better is I have had the honor of sitting for a reading with them both (& a very gifted palm reader) and learned they are just as honest and beautiful in person as they sound like they would be on air. Her blog is both an extension of the podcast and more.
- Amuse-bouche - I know its a food reference, but I choose to read that A MUSE -bouche. Not sure why she hasn’t blogged this year – yet, but I love that she takes a picture of herself every Tuesday & is brave enough to post it. Also enjoyed hearing about her plan to learn to love working out & according to her Tweets, she truly has embraced the habit!
- Short Jewish Girl - a friend shared this blog with me & although she is a coast away & lives life a bit differently than I, I adore reading her perspectives! Seems like a woman I could spend a day laughing at life with.
So there you go. A very versatile post where I seem to go all over the place!
So grateful for readers who care & for other blogs that inspire. On a night where I got home & felt less than thrilled with the day, I am now smiling. Now off to put in my 30 minutes of the day on the treadmill and then its going to be a big snuggle session with the pugster.
Oh what a world this is.